Pani varagu or proso millet is one of the smallest grain but bigger than little millet. The colour of this seed varies from yellow, orange, cream, red, and brown. Its size varies from 2-3mm to 0.01 inch. shop proso millet online here. This grain crop grows globally in a warm climate. Buy organic millets online at Futuroorganic.
Pani varagu is one of the common millet among the millets family which also consists of other millets like barnyard millet, pearl millet, foxtail millet, ragi, kambu, Kodo millet, etc., It is a rich powerhouse of nutrients as compared to rice. People use these millet seeds both as whole grain and in powder form.
People of other countries know it by the name the winter wheat. Some of the most commonly cooked proso millet recipes are soups, salads, bread, vegetable stews, or meat. Pani varagu food is a substitute to wheat for people who are allergic to wheat.
Health Benefits of Proso Millet | Pani Varagu:
- They are rich in fiber which helps to make the stomach full for a long period of time and prevents overeating.
- Pani varagu millet is rich in magnesium and dietary fiber helps to eradicate the bad cholesterol from the body and promotes a good cholesterol level. Hence it helps to maintain good heart health by protecting it from cardiovascular disease.
- Studies prove that regular intake of pani varagu reduces the risk of causing breast cancer by 50%
- This millet grain is rich in antioxidants that protect from free radicals which cause damage to the cells and results in wrinkles, loss of complexion, etc., Regular intake of this grain helps slow down the ageing process.
- Pani varagu is rich in calcium content, therefore it helps to maintain strong and healthy bones.
- Like all other grains in millets family, proso millet is also gluten-free and has a rich amount of carbohydrates.